Dare To Lead™ Workshop
Two-day workshop, 8:30am - 5:30pm each day
Thursday 13 & Friday 14 June 2019
Thursday 29 & Friday 30 August 2019
Ground Floor, Studio 2
G02/87 Gladstone St
South Melbourne 3205
How do you cultivate braver, more daring leaders,
and how do you embed the value of courage in your culture?
About The Dare To Lead™ Program
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program designed to be facilitated by organisational development professionals.
Over two days (approximately 16 hours) we'll cover the four skill sets of courage.
Rumbling With Vulnerability
- Risk, uncertainty and emotional exposure
- The six myths of vulnerability
- The call to courage
- Shame, empathy & emotional literacy
- Armoured leadership vs daring leadership
- Grounded confidence and rumbling skills
Living Into Our Values
- Naming values
- Taking values from BS to behaviour
- Giving engaged feedback
- Recognising defensiveness in feedback conversations
- Building psychological safety
- BRAVING inventory (boundaries, reliability, accountability, vault, integrity, nonjudgment, generosity)
- Trust with others and self
- BRAVING inventory: boundaries, reliability, accountability, vault, integrity, non-judgment, generosity
- Trust with others and self
- Emotional snags
- Offloading hurt
- The reckoning: get curious about emotional hooks
- The rumble: conspiracies, confabulations and shitty first drafts
- The revolution: circle back, rewrite the ending
Who This Program Is For
Brené defines a leader as anyone "Anyone who takes responsibility for finding the potential in people and processes and has the courage to develop that potential."
If you're interested in developing your own leadership skill set and becoming braver in your working life, this program is for you.
If you are interested in bringing this program in-house, please email Kylie directly at email@example.com
"I cannot recommend this course enough and I do so with my whole heart. Thank you Kylie for facilitating the pathway forward. It was an incredible journey of self-discovery and validation mixed in with a healthy dose of self-awareness on hardwired long time approaches that would benefit from the implementation of the strategies we learned. Every leader serious about leading with care, compassion and empathy should consider this investment." - Fiona Dalton, Managing Director
Certificate of Training
Upon full participation and completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate of training.
About Dr Brené Brown
Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership. She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and Dare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 on The Wall Street Journal and Publisher’s Weekly list.
The most significant finding from Brené’s latest research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. Certified Dare to Lead Facilitators focus on developing these courage-building skills through workshops, trainings and coaching to help individuals, teams and organisations move from armoured leadership to daring leadership.
- Please bring along a notepad and pen.
- Please bring your business cards to share.
- Bring your reusable coffee cup and grab a warm beverage next door at Jimmy The Saint.
- Light snacks provided. Lunch available to purchase nearby at Jimmy The Saint, Burger Love, or a short walk to Foxtrot.
All day paid parking is available nearby.
Tram 109, stop 126 Montague St is close by.
Tram 96, stop 126 City Road is close by.
Tickets are transferable to another person, but not refundable.
‘One of the most important findings of my career is that courage can be taught, developed and measured. Courage is a collection of four skill sets supported by twenty-eight behaviours. All it requires is a commitment to doing bold work, having tough conversations and showing up with our whole hearts. Easy? No. Choosing courage over comfort is not easy. Worth it? Always. We want to be brave with our lives and work. It's why we're here.' - Dr Brené Brown
ABOUT KYLIE LEWIS
"The thing that gets me out of bed each morning is the idea of inspiring people to think more about things that matter to them, and building their courage to do something about it. My ultimate mission is to move people."
Kylie holds a Bachelor of Arts (Hons)(Psychology & Sociology), Masters in eBusiness and Communication and is a Certified Executive Coach (IECL) and Wellness Coach (Wellness Coaching Australia). She is an accredited facilitator of Dr Brené Brown's Dare To Lead™, Daring Greatly™ and Rising Strong™ curriculum, a practitioner of Dr Judith Glaser's Conversational Intelligence™ research, and a doctoral researcher into behaviour change.